Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My newest ambition

As I get to know my Junior High ladies better and as our time together is fast approaching a close, I don't know about ya'lls youth groups but ours ends with the school year. I've decided to try and make a devotional blog for them to get ideas for their Bible reading. From talking with them, they often times claim lack of inspiration for doing their devotionals but when I asked if I were to give them materials would they do them they said that they would. So this, ladies and gentlemen, is my next project.

My thought for the format would be to take some verse from both the Old and New Testaments and to talk about God revealed to me about them in my time in studying them. Then after that give them verses for that day and the next day for them to look up and study on their own that also relate to what I was talking about or what I will be talking about in the future. I'm hoping to do that three days a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I originally tried to encourage them to do reading on their own but for most of them their idea of a devotional is opening the Bible randomly and selecting a chapter on a whim. Yes, God can definitely work through that method. However, I think that a bit a structure would do them good.

So this, ladies and gentlemen, is currently what is next for me. My goal is to get in to the habiting of posting three days a week before I start Clark University next year. I think this will not only benefit my Junior High girls but it will also encourage me to study God's word more as I help these beautiful young ladies navigate the teen years.

No comments:

Post a Comment