Monday, May 4, 2009

Hello

Hello everybody! I hope you're all having a good Monday (if that's possible) :)

I'm 17 and am in the last quarter of my junior year (woohoo!) and looking forward to graduating next year. By the way, congrats on graduation, Carissa and Rose! I know you guys are excited to see the reward of all your hard work!

I've been going to small, private Christian school since first grade. I'm taking all the basic classes, like Brit Lit and Precalculus, and Biblical Greek. I took Latin ever since first grade until this year, so I'm still thinking in Latin a little bit. :) I've also been involved with the school senate for the last three years, and a Girl Scout since... second grade I think. And I'm going to be working to get my Gold Award over the summer, which should be tons of fun.

Senior year is approaching pretty quickly, and I'm planning to go to college after graduation. I'm not sure which college yet, but my first choice so far is Covenant College in Georgia. I started looking at both secular and Christian colleges, but I was so impressed with Covenant that I'm thinking of narrowing it down to just Christian colleges. I feel called to go to a Christian college because...
  • After going to a Christian school since elementary school, going to a Christian college won't be such a culture shock. Plus I won't be criticized for my Christian beliefs, which is really important for me, personally.
  • At least at Covenant, there are under 1000 students- pretty small, but since there are only 80 kids in my high school and 300 kids in the entire school, it seems plenty big to me.
  • I'll be able to take classes that I never had the chance to take in high school (like Spanish or Italian- modern languages aren't available at my school).
  • I feel called to be a novelist, so I'm looking forward to all the English classes I'll be able to take. Plus, I can hopefully study abroad in England, where some of my favorite authors lived (C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, J.R.R. Tolkien...)
  • I also want to take several businees/accounting classes, since I don't know what my "day job" will be. It'll help if I have a "regular job", own my own business, or become a stay-at-home mom.
  • That's all I can think of so far, but I'll add more later!

I hope y'all have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tabitha!

    That was exciting to come on here and see that someone else posted! I was beginning to feel a bit lonely. :)

    I also enjoy writing! I would like to write a book or more. So that is cool that we have a shared interest! I have been doing poetry with a local author, who also taught a writing class that I was in.

    Thank you for posting!

    --Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. I love the idea of this blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete