Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer so far!

Hello ladies,

Hoping everyone is doing well. I feel as if I have fallen off of the blogging map (and I did for a bit!) unfortunately, however I am back and am going to make a personal goal to update this site at least once a month.

All right, so I emailed the Clark soccer coach about the potential job. I'm no longer sure if I will be running the intermural referee program (and to be honest I didn't want to do that right off the bat anyway) I at least will be doing my workstudy as a referee. Either way it works out I'm just happy to have a job this coming fall, especially a job where I already know what is going on.

What is going on in my life right now. I just finished refereeing all the major MA tournaments for soccer that I could do and now am in the middle of a two week time off from soccer and then next Monday I leave to go to a referee training camp which will last for about two weeks. I went last year and had bunches of fun so I'm pretty excited.

After that, I'm hoping that I join my family for a weekend of vacation in NH and then venture on to see Soulfest in NH! Soulfest is apparently one of the biggest Christian music festivals/concert series ever. I've never had a chance to go to it before so I'm super excited that I might be able to make it this year.

After that I will have some time off where I hope to complete drivers ed and work toward getting my drivers license. And then I will be a leader on a three day instate missions trip in Watertown.

All in all I feel I have a very busy and exciting summer going on. However, ladies I would love some prayer. Recently I've felt very disconnected from God. This has effected my personal devotional time (I haven't felt done my own devos in forever) and has dropped my prayer life to an almost nonexistent place. Now that I have realized what is going down I'm making a point to get reconnected with God and I am still struggling. Prayers that I would feel inspired to go to our Lord in a personal devotional time and prayer time would be appreciated.

I was also given the book "The Reason for God" by Timothy Keller. I'd never heard of it before my youth pastor gave it to me as a graduation gift. I had vaguely heard of the author before other than that, nothing. I plan on reading through it this summer. I guess I'll let you all know if I enjoy it and find it helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose!

    I will be praying... that is a hard place to be in. I know from experience. :)

    "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” Deut. 31:6

    I hope to hear from you soon.

    Love in Christ,

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete