Thursday, July 23, 2009

Progress!

I was looking over my list of things that I said I'd be doing here at home... and was happy to see that I am making progress on many of them! :)


1. Learn Japanese--I bought a book and have been doing it nearly daily
2. "Take over" the kitchen for a month or more :) -- I have been doing more shopping and I made supper yesterday
3. Continue to develop my photography, maybe take a course at the community college--I have continued to develop my skills in this area, mainly by just practicing
4. Continue Bright Lights --We are planning some of this year's meetings ahead of time. Yeah!
5. Lead a study about "Before You Meet Prince Charming" --We are in the middle of this study. It's going pretty well, except that everyone in the study (all 5 of us :) got sick recently, so we're behind
6. Help out families in our church with taking care of their children and cleaning etc... --I am sceduled to go help a mom today!
7. Continue taking care of our little vegetable garden --Well, I took care of it until it died. :) We have some major soil problems. Microscopic things that kill plants. :( We're hoping to do another one in the fall (The joys of FL gardening!)
8. Continue paying bills, etc... for my Dad's business --Still paying bills!
9. Continue writing, but do more --I have been working on my writing, mainly blogging, but I may be writing for the newspaper soon
10. One on One discipleship's with girls in BL would be great... Don't know if it will work... --So far no progress on that...
11.Teach William and Matthew how to read --They are learning!!
12. Help teach at our Home School coops --I haven't really done much of that... yet
13. Teach a writing class here at home -- We haven't started school yet. 14. Possibly a knitting class--My first attempt didn't work-no one came. :) But I found out that some people actually were interested, so I'll have to try again.
15. Continue blogging --Doing some now! :P
16. Studying math (not that I like, but that I need it. :) --I need to do more math!!
17. Maybe a course on graphic design at the community college --I don't know if I'll do that...
18. Cleaning, etc... here at home --Working on that
19. I would like to do an internship with the Mallys (founders of Bright Lights), not sure if that will happen, though.
20. A missions trip
-- Maybe next year
21. Continue supporting the missionaries in India that we know --They started a Bright Lights group!!
22. Continue developing my skills in knitting, embroidery, sewing, etc... and learning new ones-- I have been learning new knitting stiches lately! Very fun.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting Carissa! I love reading practical things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a random question.. is there a certain reason you are learning Japanese? I'm wondering because there's a possibility we could be PCSing (basically moving to a new base) there next summer. You never know with the military though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've had an interest in Japan since my 13th birthday, which was Japanese themed. I really enjoyed that, so I started learning it with our Japanese friend. And now I've taken it up again on my own. :)

    Wow! Japan... that would be interesting. You'll have to get a Bright Lights group going there, too! :)

    Thanks for the comment!

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete