Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Refereeing and jobs?

This blog has been sorely neglected over the past few weeks. Our apologizes!

Work has started up for me in full force and I'm continuing to fill out paperwork for Clark University. I just finished and sent in my "Writing Placement Exam" I must admit the story was a bit confusing but my lovely mum helped me revise the essay and I think it turned out quite nicely.

I also recently got my varsity crew workout that I was supposed to start this week. I did not pay attention to the dates so I didn't realize it, so my week has been spent recovering from this weekends work and me being sick, as well as finding a gym so I can actually work out. However, today I ventured out and found a gym for a reasonable rate for the summer. It is also close to home and across the street from a Starbucks that is currently hiring so I'm going to apply there as well. If all goes well not only will I have a gym but a second job so I can save some money for this coming school year.

Also, while at refereeing this weekend I met the Clark University varsity soccer coach. Since I had a few minutes off I took the opportunity to introduce myself and upon hearing that I was a referee and also going to be attending Clark University next year and that I wasn't interested in playing at the school he asked if I was given a Work study job grant. After hearing that I had a work study he proceeded to offer me the job of running the intermural referee program for Clark University... Despite being a bit stunned I managed to say yes and now ladies I have a job for this fall. God is good!

I'm off to do more paperwork and exams. Many blessings for the end of your school year!

2 comments:

  1. Hey -
    I'm new to your blog, but I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading what everyone is doing, and trying to glean wisdom from girls who are staying home. I too am staying home, and it's been interesting seeing what others are doing with their time. It has given me good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Rose! I'm very happy for you. I hope we can start emailing more frequently again... I know you are probably more busy now, though. Thank you for posting! :)

    -Carissa

    ReplyDelete